Your Guide To Braces
You’ve done your research, and now you’ve made the decision to invest in a new smile with a set of braces! Congratulations! Now, you have some options to choose from, and here at Vitagliano Orthodontics, we offer a range of styles so that you can choose the best option for your lifestyle. Whether you’re looking to stand out or keep a more discreet smile during treatment, we have braces for everyone.
Traditional Metal Braces
Traditional metal braces are the most common type of braces and are more comfortable today than ever before. Made of high-grade stainless steel, metal braces straighten your teeth using metal brackets and archwires. With metal braces, you have the option of adding colored elastics (rubber bands) for a more unique and colorful smile.
Clear (Ceramic) Braces
Ceramic braces are made of clear materials and are, therefore, less visible on your teeth than metal braces. For this reason, ceramic braces are used mainly on older teenagers and adult patients who have cosmetic concerns. While they are visually less prominent, they do require slightly more attention to oral hygiene as ceramic braces tend to more easily show food particles and buildup.
Iconix aesthetic braces utilize champagne-colored stainless steel brackets that are slightly more distinct and discreet than traditional metal braces. These braces function in the same way as traditional braces as well, so they are durable and effective at treating even the most complex cases.
Lingual braces are hidden behind the teeth and are therefore “invisible” when you smile. Lingual braces are 100% customized to match the shape of your teeth; the metal appliances are created uniquely for you. Lingual braces are a very reasonable option for athletes, models, actors/actresses, musicians who play wind instruments, and adult professionals.
The twin-bracket system is a versatile appliance system that orthodontists have trusted for decades. Although innovations in the industry have allowed the brackets to become smaller and more discreet, they still maintain the high level of effectiveness that they are known for. Twin brackets are what most people picture when it comes to braces and use tiny elastics to hold the archwire in place. These elastic bands come in many color combinations that you can choose from each time you come in for an adjustment appointment.
Our office is pleased to offer our patients passive self-ligating Damon Smile braces. Damon braces use a slide mechanism to hold the archwire, reducing the amount of pressure exerted on the teeth and allowing the teeth to move more freely, quickly, and comfortably. Thanks to these innovative new braces, achieving your perfect smile can be faster and easier than you ever thought possible!
Braces without elastic ties help reduce the amount of pressure being placed on the tooth and require fewer adjustments because there are no elastics to replace.
Damon Smile facilitates healthy tooth movement with complete control. By combining tie-less brackets and high-tech archwires, we can minimize discomfort and create beautiful smiles that last a lifetime. Damon Smile is not just about revolutionary braces and wires; it’s a whole new way of treating patients!
- Technology – Damon tie-less braces eliminate the need for elastic or metal “ties.” With Damon braces, you can experience treatment without tightening.
- Comfort – Even though Damon Smile works so quickly, the use of gentle, low-friction force means less discomfort for you.
- Convenience – Damon braces are designed to be discreet, comfortable, and easy to keep clean. Without the elastic ties, which attract and collect plaque, Damon braces make dental hygiene easy during treatment. Plus, Damon Smile is available in clear brackets for patients who want a great smile without sacrificing aesthetics.
- Treatment Time – While the time needed in braces will vary from case to case, treatment time with Damon Smile is typically much faster than with conventional braces. Also, far fewer appointments are required during treatment, making your Damon experience convenient and hassle-free.
Who says having braces needs to be a bummer? Show your personality with WildSmiles, the only braces that turn correction into expression!
The Fun Alternative To Conventional Braces
Take your orthodontic braces from mild to wild with WildSmiles! WildSmiles are specially designed brackets that come in a variety of fun shapes including stars, hearts, soccer balls, footballs, flowers, and Super-Diamonds®. Designed to make your orthodontic experience fun, WildSmiles are a unique alternative to traditional braces.
Personalize Your Orthodontic Experience
With traditional metal braces, that’s all you get—metal braces. With WildSmiles, you can choose your favorite shape and mix the brackets with colored elastics for added individuality and a completely custom experience.
How Do WildSmiles Braces Work?
WildSmiles are low-profile, stainless steel braces that work just like traditional braces. We want you to have an excellent outcome to orthodontic treatment, and WildSmiles provides the same quality smile after treatment but makes the journey to a perfect smile more fun.
Embrace Your Expression
- Choose your smile – You get to decide what your smile looks like during your treatment, so choose your favorite shape for a look that is all you!
- Visit our office for a braces consultation – During your consultation, we can answer any questions that you may have about WildSmiles.
- Tell us which “Wild” shape you want to wear – Use this cool design tool to create your personal smile, then let us know which shape is right for you!